With the purpose of freeing domestic trade from the hegemony of foreigners and providing the much needed knowledge base for the class of national traders, it was the Ottoman Minister of Trade Suphi Pasha who took the first initiative to lay the foundations of the Faculty. His initiative resulted in the opening of the ‘Hamidiye School of Higher Commercial Education and by the Minister of Education Tahir Pasha on 16 January 1883. After several structural and institutional changes and improvements over the years the school became a part of the Marmara University under the name of “Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences”. Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences was separated into three newly established faculties in 2013 again and the institution gains its present name “Faculty of Business Administration”. There are 6 undergraduate programs in 3 different languages in 4 departments. The Faculty also offers more than 30 Masters and Doctoral (PhD) Programs in 22 different sub-departments under the Institute of Social Sciences. Faculty of Business Administration aims to provide students with the ability to cope with the competitive and rapidly changing global environment that will contribute to scientific research and society besides academic education. The faculty accepts students with the highest scores in the university admission exam only.
Request info about this institution